Following are the positions we still need help with to make this year’s VBS and Totus Tuus program lots of fun and a huge success. For more information or to volunteer, contact Amy Davis at 816-229-3378 ext. 314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening & Closing – Volunteer Needed Mon-Fri
- The Opening & Closing leader kicks-off and wraps-up each day of VBS with the children. The Opening & Closing Leader Manual contains scripts to help you introduce each daily theme. If you are interested in being the Opening & Closing leader you should: love God, love children, and be able to start each day of VBS with energy and enthusiasm.
Storytelling – Volunteer Needed Thurs & Fri
- The Storytelling leader introduces the children to the Daily Bible Story. This person leads the children in one session of Storytelling each day to help the Bible come to life (all information is found in the Storytelling Leader Manual) and works with the Director to collect any needed supplies for the Storytelling station. If you are interested in being the Storytelling leader you should: love God, love children, and enjoy telling stories with expression and enthusiasm (maybe even some drama?).
Bible Application – Volunteer Needed Mon-Fri
- The Bible Application leader reinforces each day’s Bible Story through activity booklets. Thisperson leads 3 sessions of Bible Application each day (all information is found in the Bible Application Leader Manual) and works with the Director to collect any needed supplies for this station.
Totus Tuus Volunteers
- Host homes provide overnight accommodations for the college-age team members. The host home provides simple breakfast options for the team members each morning. The team arrives Saturday afternoon and leaves Friday afternoon. Lunch and dinner are provided elsewhere. One home is still needed for 2 female team members.
- Provide dinner for the eight team members between 5:30 pm–6:30 pm. Dinners still needed Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Help supervise children (no teaching, just supervising) Morning shift still needed each day, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 11:30 am.
- Help set-up and clean-up volunteer lunches each day. Lunch is served at 12:15 pm.
- Help provide part of volunteer lunches Monday through Friday. To sign up to bring an item(s) go to http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090D4AAEA92FAA8-totus1/
- Capture the week’s fun as your schedule allows, Monday – Friday 8:45 am-3:15 pm.