Spiritual training for children, grades 1-8.
PREP registrations will be mailed to registered active parishioners. Pre-registration is required. If you do not receive a PREP registration please stop by the parish office to update your parish registration.
Classes are held Wednesday evenings during the school year from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
The Faith and Life Series from St. Ignatius Press is used in all grade levels. Throughout the series, every aspect of Christian life is addressed:
- What we believe (Creed)
- What we do (the Commandments)
- The means to our end (Sacraments and Liturgy)
- What we hope for (Prayer and Scripture)
*The second grade CCD class will prepare for 1st Confession and 1st Communion.
- to help students become more committed to their faith and stronger members of the Church
- to increase the desire for truth and goodness, especially by studying the lives of the saints
- to provide students a solid foundation of knowledge on which to base their faith
- and, ultimately, to gain Heaven, for ourselves and each other.
Arrival: Children should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of the class session. Please escort your child to the classroom. Children should not enter any classroom until an adult is present.
Dismissal: All children departing the building must be accompanied by an adult or teenager at least 16 years of age. Please pick up your child at the classroom door. No child will be permitted to exit any door unaccompanied.
Cancelation: In the case of cancelation of classes for any reason, you will be notified by telephone.
Medication: No medicines will be given to any student during CCD classes.
Accidents: Accidents will be reported in writing to the Religious Education office. Parents will be notified. In the event of a serious injury, student will be taken to the Emergency Room at St. Mary’s Hospital.
Inclement Weather: No fire/tornado drills will be held. However, all teachers will be given fire/tornado safety procedures.
If you have questions the parish office 229-3378 or email Amy Davis at email@example.com.