St. John LaLande Catholic School is a Blue Springs school that services up to 285 students ranging from Preschool to 8th grade. We also offer a full time Kindergarten Preparatory School, Early Childhood Center and a Homeschool Program. Before and After school care is available on site to students from 6:00 – 8:00 am and 3:00 – 6:00 pm at a minimal cost.
St. John LaLande Catholic School is fully accredited by the National Federation of Non-Public Schools, Missouri Chapter and AdvancEd (formerly known as North Central Accrediting Association).
St. John LaLande is truly a place where students are: Rooted in Faith. Grounded in Excellence. Prepared for Success.
- Curriculum includes daily religious instruction
- Students attend Mass weekly
- Traditional faith formation including: Eucharistic Adoration, Living Rosaries, and Stations of the Cross
- 93% of students in grades 1-8 are reading at or above their current grade level
- 92% of our students K-7, using the Saxon Math program, are at Mastery Level, 80% or better
- Technology-integrated curriculum with a Smart Board in every classroom and mobile computer for students to utilize iPads as part of their school curriculum
- Many students score an average of two grade levels higher on standardized tests
Service and Character:
- We are respected as a “School of Service” in the community; several “Presidential Service Awards”
- Specific character trait emphasized for all students as a monthly theme
- Our students have logged 6000+ service hours this year
Extracurricular and Sports activities:
- Sports program includes football, volleyball, basketball, cheerleading and track. Many of which are offered beginning in Kindergarten.
- Drama department – annual Fall play, Winter Talent Show
- Art show, BookNuts, and after school Lego Program