Gather your friends, clients or family members to join in the fun! Tee off will be May 5th at 1 pm at the Blue Springs Country Club. Read More
Totus Tuus – June 5-9, 2017
Calling All Volunteers!
Summer is fast approaching and we are gearing up for our summer programs. The following is a list of volunteer opportunities for Totus Tuus. For more information or to sign up, contact Amy Davis at 816-229-3378 ext. 314 or email@example.com.
- Host homes – welcome 2-4 of the Totus Tuus team members into your home (Sat – Fri); one home for guys, one for gals Team Dinners – host dinner for the team of 8 between 5:30 pm-6:30 pm; dinner needed 6/3, 6/5, 6/6
- Snack Coordinator – bag the week’s snacks for children on Monday, 6/5
- Snack Helpers – set out snacks for children each day; approx. 9:45-10:30 am
- Classroom Aides – help supervise children (no teaching, just supervising); morning & afternoon shifts
- Potluck Coordinator – plan & publicize the potluck dinner for Wed. June 7th
- Potluck Helpers – help set-up, run & clean-up the potluck on Wed. June 7th
- Lunch Coordinator – plan lunches for adult volunteers each day & coordinate lunch contributions
- Lunch Servers – help set-up and clean-up lunch each day; approx. 11:45 am-12:45 pm Contribute
- Lunches – help provide part of lunches for adult volunteers, menus will be provided Photographer – capture the week’s fun as your schedule permits; Mon-Fri, 9:00 am-3:00 pm
We’re ready to start planning for VBS. If you’re interested in helping our little ones have a super fun time while learning about Jesus, contact Amy at 229-3378, ext. 314 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Help is needed for station leaders and the decorating committee.
Registration has opened for Camp Savio, a weeklong camp operated by the diocese, and is open to students in grades 5-8. This year it will be held in Atchison. The cost is $375/camper and a $150 non-refundable deposit is due now to reserve your spot.
We also need chaperones! You can chaperone for the week or if we have enough volunteers, you can take a 24 or 48 hour shift. The camp is run by the diocese, so you will just be there to supervise. For more information, please contact Amy Davis or Sue Robb at 229-3378.
February calendars are out for all Youth and Young Adult Ministries.
- As promised, we re-scheduled our Middle School Lock-in. It will be on March 25/26 at Legacy Park. Join us next Saturday, February 11 from 7-9 pm, for roller skating at Rink Ratz. Skating is free, snacks aren’t.
- Trivia Night was a great success! We welcomed 3 other parishes and had over 60 high schoolers in attendance. Congratulations to Holy Spirit who took 1st Place!
Our Early Childhood Learning Academy is hiring several part time positions, working afternoons, with young children: infants through pre-kindergarten.
Applicants would preferably, but not required, have experience or education in the field of early childhood and bring to our team an attitude of creative and positive thinking, professionalism, flexibility and a belief that the work they are doing with young children is valued and important. Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
Our After School Program, KIDS CLUB, is also hiring.
Work in the afternoons with school age children. Applicants must be 18 years of age of older.
Please contact Molly McAnerney at 229-8343 ext. 343 for an interview.
Winter and Spring newsletters and permission slips are out!
Our calendar is full of old favorites and exciting new adventures. Here’s what’s happening for the rest of January:
Genesis—Middle School—In next week’s bulletin, watch for pictures from our lock-in. It’s always a good time! Our next event will be a Popcorn and Movie Night at Mary’s House on January 20 from 6:30-8:30 pm. In February, we will be roller skating and taking advantage of Let’s Move Blue Springs activities at Bump City and ThunderDome Athletics.
412—High School—Our next scheduled event is Catholic Trivia Night on Sunday, January 29 from 5:30-8:00 pm. We’ll match our wits against high school youth groups from Presentation, St. Mark’s, St. Robert’s, and other parishes. There will be fun, food, and prizes for all!
High Schoolers can sign up to go to the 4:05 Mavericks hockey game on Sunday, March 5. It’s Faith and Family night and for just $15, we will see the game, have the opportunity to hear a local Christian band, and skate on the ice with the players after the game. Advance registration and payment is required and tickets are going fast! Contact the Youth Office for more information!
St. John LaLande Annual TRIVIA NIGHT IS BACK!
Sign Up Your Team!!!
Mark your calendar for Trivia Night – Saturday, January 21, 2017. It’s a zany-brainy evening of fun to benefit St. John LaLande Parish and the Knights of Columbus. Trivia Night is an evening of fun and fundraising featuring challenging questions, bonus games, team themes, and . . . did we mention FUN?
Now it’s easier than ever to sign your team up with our new Trivia Knights Website! Go to www.triviaknight6506.wix.com/kofc for more information. Click on the “Sign Your Team Up” link to download the form and follow the instructions.
Doors open at 6:00 pm and Trivia Night begins at 7:00 pm in the St. John LaLande School Gymnasium. The cost for a table of 8 or less is $120.00. You can bring the Food, Drinks, and Décor for your team table as the theme for the event will be COUNTRY AND WESTERN. We’ll also provide beer, soda and setups.
The number of tables is limited to 35 and R.S.V.P’s and funds must be received as soon as possible to get your table reserved. Team tables for eight are reserved on a paid, first‐come‐first served basis.
Should you have any questions, contact Mark Schollmeyer with any questions at (816) 645-2747 or by email at email@example.com. In order to confirm your table, you must have your money in!!!
The theme for this year’s Trivia Night Event is “Country & Western”. Make all checks payable to: Knights of Columbus 6506.
Mail all checks and R.S.V.P’s to:
Knights of Columbus Council 6506 Attention: Trivia Night
P.O. Box 1328
Blue Springs, Missouri 64013
Sorry – No one under 21 permitted.
Christmas Eve Mass Times
- 4:00 pm
- (Please note there is no 5:00 pm Mass)
- 6:00 pm
- 10:00 pm
Christmas Day Mass Time
Sunday, December 25
- 10:00 am
- (Please note there is no 8:00 am Mass and there is no Noon Mass)
Solemnity of Mary
Saturday, December 31
- 4:00 pm
- (Please note there is no 5:00 pm Mass)
Sunday, January 1, 2016
- 8:00 am
- 10:00 am
- 12:00 pm
Father Ron, Deacon Doug, and the Parish, School, and Early Childhood Center Staffs wish everyone a Merry and Blessed Christmas!