All women of St. John Lalande are welcome as members of the Altar Society. We prayerfuly serve the church by:
- Actively supporting the Parish Mission Statement. We support the Parish Giving Tree, Mother’s Refuge, Birthright, and Midwest Foster Care through charitable donations and baby showers. We pray together.
- Caring for the immediate needs of the Altar and Sacristy. We provide the Communion bread and wine, the church candles, lectionaries, serving pieces, and any other needs of the altar and sacristy for all Masses. We provide and care for the robes and vestments for our priests and altar servers.
- Rendering assistance to the Priests and Rectory. We have the responsibility and privilege of providing and maintaining a comfortable home for our priests. We celebrate our priests, both home and visiting, by hosting receptions in their honor.
- Providing bereavement meals and meals for families in need. We minister to grieving families by providing and hosting bereavement meals in the parish center at no cost to the family. We also provide meals as needed for individual families in immediate need such as those experiencing a medical crisis.
- For more information on the Altar Society, please contact
- Karen Riepenkroger, President at 816-229-6855
Altar & Rosary Society Guilds
Currently, the Altar & Rosary Society has three Guilds to serve our parish. Guilds are groups of women who gather regularly to support the work of the Altar Society.
All Saints Guild
Evening meetings, once a month.
Holy Family Guild
Morning meetings, once a month.
St. Ann’s Guild
Lunch meetings, every other month.
Altar Society Activities
All women of the parish are welcome to join us for two Altar Society dinners held annually (usually in October and May). Watch the Bulletin for these and other opportunities to gather for fun, fellowship, and great food!